How to use guides on the TLSFx Thunderflash distraction flash bangs
- The simplest and easy way to get good performance from your Thunder Flash MK5 is, as ever, to read the instructions on the grenade and follow them. If you phone us at the factory and you haven't followed the instructions properly we will mock you mercilessly.
- Twist off the cap, it shouldn't require too much force.
- Once snapped off you'll see the friction fuse. Take the rough side of the cap and strike the fuse with it. This shouldn't take too much force, no more than striking a non-safety match.
- You will now find yourself holding a live pyrotechnic. Drop a safe distance away (5m), it will explode with flash and flare, it's also quite noisy.
Couple of things you should and shouldn't do:
- DO NOT throw it directly at someone.
- DO NOT carry them in pockets, especially if live (you'd be surprised). Even if not live they can snag on things, worst case you've suddenly got a live pyro in your trousers and even if that doesn't happen you can ruin the pyro and will have wasted the money you spent on it. They are best carried on webbing or in assault/tactical vests.
- NEVER remove the cap and then store it is the same place as the rest of the pyrotechnic.
- NEVER hold onto the pyrotechnic after it has been primed.
- NEVER Give it to children to play with.
- DO NOT Pick up a primed/live pyro.
- DO NOT return to unexploded pyros.
- DO NOT use them anywhere except designated game areas (regardless of how funny it seems, we will not come and bail you out of jail).
- NEVER wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.
- Between games store pyros in a secure, cool dry place away from direct sunlight, dampness, children and morons.