How to use guides of the TLSFx ball style Fricition Grenades
1). The simplest and easy way to get good performance from your Pull Fuse Ball Grenade is, as ever, to read the instructions on the grenade and follow them. If you phone us at the factory and you haven’t followed the instructions properly we will mock you mercilessly.
2). Grasp the grenade firmly and hold it away from your body.
3). Put your fingers in the ring and pull the ring smoothly but firmly at ninety degrees from the grenade. It may spark which could sting a little, please don’t be a wuss about it (if you are we’ll leave it to your team mates to make fun of you).
• Do not tug or yank it. We make these things from cardboard for obvious reason, if you pull them too hard you’ll pull out the detonator.
• Make sure your thumb and none of your fingers are on the cap. The hole on the top is a vent for the ignition; if you cover it you’ll burn your fingers.
4). You will now find yourself holding a live pyrotechnic. This is an excellent opportunity for you to get rid of it at velocity. The most favoured method of doing this is throwing it firmly at your intended target and retreating around 5 metres.
Couple of things you shouldn’t do:
• Don’t throw it directly at someone.
• Don’t carry them in pockets, especially if live (you’d be surprised). Even if not live they can snag on things, worst case you’ve suddenly got a live pyro in your trousers (this leads to the pyro dance and possibly a trip to A&E) and even if that doesn’t happen you can ruin the pyro and will have wasted the money you spent on it. They are best carried on webbing or in assault/tactical vests.
• Never hold onto the pyrotechnic after it has been primed.
• Give it to children to play with.
• Pick up a primed/live pyro.
• Do not return to unexploded pyros.
• Do not use them anywhere except designated game areas (regardless of how funny it seems, we will not come and bail you out of jail).
• Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.
Between games store pyros in a secure, cool dry place away from direct sunlight, dampness and children.